Thursday, June 14, 2012

speaking of what women should be like

An ad popped up on my Pandora station about something called "Emily's List." It's a group that works to get progressive democrat women elected into public office. What got me though is that the ad started off by announcing that the US ranks (insert shockingly low number here) in the number of elected women officials but then very quickly identified itself with pro-choice democrats. So remember this, my fellow American women, your vote and representation only count when you vote pro-choice/democrat. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep voting for men. Or not voting. The number of decent candidates in any given race these days is appallingly small. I can do more good singing hymns in church on Sunday than most elected officials do in their entire career.

Also, no linky. 'Cause I don't think a group like that deserves more internet traffic. Seriously, that's one of the most blatant bait and switch tactics I've ever heard in an advertising campaign. It's easy enough to google if you don't believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment