Monday, January 28, 2013

Take care of all the things?

I've been sketching out ideas for blog posts, and I've even got a some pictures to share. Tonight though, I'm tired. I'm really, really tired. Allen and I had a long talk about how we can get back on track, but the jist of it is that over Christmas I mentally pushed aside a lot of the things that are bothering me now because, hey, it's more important for Christmas to be awesome than for the laundry room to be organized. But now, even though Christmas is down and mostly in boxes, those boxes don't really have a home. Because the stuff that should be in the laundry room is in the closet, and the stuff that should be in the closet is in a room full of stuff that should be in my closet. And why isn't it in my closet? Because that's where I stashed all my candles and vases and brick-a-brac back when my clothes where all in another closet entirely. And that's not even touching on all the painting and patching I still need to do before I can start hanging pictures and shelves and whatnot. So basically we're in the remodeling/moving in/holy cow this house is huge stage in which everything is endless and overwhelming and not as much fun as we (I) thought it would be about twelve months ago. I thought I'd be planning my garden now and not trying to mentally calculate whether it would be a fair exchange of money for sanity to just hire someone to paint about three rooms and at least one closet and possible a few doors (the ones where the paint starts peeling when you prep-sand them so that you end up an hour later thinking about just buying new doors) so that I don't have to deal with it anymore and can move on to sewing kitchen curtains.

And on top of everything I've got a little side project at church. It's nice to talk about having time to serve your community, but my problem is that I'm long on time and short on energy. It's a good cause and fits my skill set, which is why I volunteered in the first place, but I'm about ready to move on to the "friends over coffee" part and spend less time on the driving back and forth and having to copy five people on every e-mail part. I'm just praising God I didn't actually send that other e-mail volunteering for one more project. Poor Allen would never eat a home cooked meal again. He'd come into the den at dinner time to find me knitting away with my latest BBC crush and a bag of jalapeno cheese curls  =) Now I want some jalapeno cheese curls.

Anyway, regular life will hopefully be resuming....sometime? Just wanted to say that if you don't see me around her for a little while or if my cognitive abilities seem stunted you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment