Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The speed of life

Well, a lot has happened in the past few months. We're expecting our second little one in the Spring, and I'm now elbows deep in mothering a toddler and helping with other mothering support groups. I'm a postpartum doula. I'm a volunteer babywearing educator. I'm about to be leading a support group for moms recovering from or otherwise dealing with cesarean birth. There's a lot on my plate. It's Christmas time, and I don't have a tree up yet.

Still, all these things are very good things. I'm just having to recruit my stamina and endurance in order to not shortchange anyone (and I admit I'm probably shortchanging someone anyway). I'm finding myself constantly frustrated because I feel like I can either clean my house, take care of my son, or work on my projects, and then I look back at the end of the day and realize just how much time I wasted on inconsequential things. It's not easy, but it is very exciting.

Anyway, that's my update. I'll try to get back to writing more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment