Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Blessings

My best wishes for a joyous and blessed Easter to all you folks out in the blogsphere. I'm coming to realize that Christianity is in many ways truer, harder, and more blessed than I'd realized. It takes time to let it sink down in your bones to the point where you have room for your faith and doubts to rub elbows and not bother each other so much - to have room to believe all of Scripture (especially the hard bits) and still wrestle with fitting them together and living them out (especially the bits you take for granted). Our celebration of the Resurrection is a time to enjoy our beliefs and work them out with roast ham, chocolate rabbits, new dresses, and perhaps a more fervent proclamation of the words "Christ has died! Christ has risen! Christ will come again!" One day I hope to live this holiday well and celebrate it with all the joyful fervor I can muster. This year though, I will celebrate with a home scattered in pieces around me, boxes half unpacked, remodeling barely started, and it will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment